Share | 

Caitlin and Jessica's Italy Trip

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
debauchedsloth

Number of posts : 1294
Registration date : 2006-12-05

PostSubject: Caitlin and Jessica's Italy Trip   8/6/2007, 3:50 pm

This thread is for our local travelers to tell us about their trip!!!
Party Party Party Party Speak on!

misswhatsit

Number of posts : 572
Registration date : 2006-12-14

PostSubject: Re: Caitlin and Jessica's Italy Trip   12/6/2007, 1:30 pm

Very Happy

I don't really know how to start on all that we did. I'm still in that kinda burned out, jet-lagged stage right now. Give me a few more days to get back into the swing of things and I might do better. Sick

Or if you like, you could ask me some questions about the trip. That's a little easier. drunken
Back to top Go down
View user profile
debauchedsloth

PostSubject: Re: Caitlin and Jessica's Italy Trip   12/6/2007, 3:30 pm

Whoo!!! Caitlin's on here!! Party Party

1. Favorite and least favorite part/spot?

2. What do Italians look like and wear?

3. What would you do differently if you went again?

miniman101

Number of posts : 2734
Registration date : 2006-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Caitlin and Jessica's Italy Trip   12/6/2007, 3:32 pm

You think I could get a copy of the pictures??

Oh, and you know what Hannah? I kind of would like to see you're pictures again, but just the raw pictures.

PostSubject: Re: Caitlin and Jessica's Italy Trip   12/6/2007, 3:33 pm

In other words, not the movie. If you want.

miniman101

PostSubject: Re: Caitlin and Jessica's Italy Trip   12/6/2007, 3:36 pm

Yeah, I always wanted to, but I just never asked.

PostSubject: Re: Caitlin and Jessica's Italy Trip   13/6/2007, 6:07 pm

AH! I should have checked this thread first, now I'm out of time! Hot

I'll be back to answer your questions Hannah! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pirate

Number of posts : 387
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Caitlin and Jessica's Italy Trip   20/6/2007, 2:57 pm

miniman101 wrote:

Oh, and you know what Hannah? I kind of would like to see you're pictures again, but just the raw pictures.

Umm.....so I havn't been on here for like three weeks, and I'm sorry guys. Here's my initial comments....

Josh, what kind of photographer would I be if I gave someone a copy of my pics??????
You can see them, but I really can't give anyone a whole set of them. They even want to get everyone that went along on the trip to get together and exchange all our photos. I just have a problem with that. I mean, I took these........why would I just give them away for other people to use?
So maybe some, but not all I think..........sorry Josh....

Ok, hannah, here you go-
1. Favorite-Well, I have 2- the Sistine Chapel. I would recommend everyone go to the Vatican just to see that one thing. It's breathtaking! I can't really explain it well, and any pictures just don't do it justice.
Also, Rhodes "Old City" on the island of Rhodes was awesome. It's a walled city with castles and fortresses all through it. I took a bunch of photos, but I could have taken more.......
Least Favorite-the city of Florence. I was really tired from the flight, and I expected a nicer looking place. It was dirty and crowded...
2. Honestly, I never saw one guy on the trip that I would consider "totally hot." Maybe I'm just not looking enough.....but yeah. And they're just a little darker skinned, and they wear tighter clothing and lots of name brands.
3. If I went again I would---bring more memory cards and buy a better camera.
plan on needing more money for food.
not go to Italy at all.
go with a bunch of friends.

Oh, and Jon, I don't like the new look on here. I liked the old one much better.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
debauchedsloth

PostSubject: Re: Caitlin and Jessica's Italy Trip   20/6/2007, 3:39 pm

Yeaaah! Jess is back on here! Party

Pirate wrote:

Josh, what kind of photographer would I be if I gave someone a copy of my pics??????

I gotta sympathize with Pirate on this one. I had people wanting to exchange photos, and I basically will give people pics if they're in the photo (since most of us don't take pictures of ourselves on vacation) but not otherwise.

Quote :
1. Favorite-Well, I have 2- the Sistine Chapel. I would recommend everyone go to the Vatican just to see that one thing. It's breathtaking! I can't really explain it well, and any pictures just don't do it justice.
Also, Rhodes "Old City" on the island of Rhodes was awesome. It's a walled city with castles and fortresses all through it. I took a bunch of photos, but I could have taken more.......

Ooh, always wanted to see the S. Chapel. I love the artwork, and the stories behind it are amazing. But paintings always look cheesy in photographs, from my experience.

Quote :
Least Favorite-the city of Florence. I was really tired from the flight, and I expected a nicer looking place. It was dirty and crowded...

*gasp* Always wanted to go there!

Quote :
2. Honestly, I never saw one guy on the trip that I would consider "totally hot." Maybe I'm just not looking enough.....but yeah. And they're just a little darker skinned, and they wear tighter clothing and lots of name brands.

What about their mannerisms/personality/talking? Are they nice to Americans? Loud and obnoxious? Etc...

Quote :
Oh, and Jon, I don't like the new look on here. I liked the old one much better.

Aw. I like it. Embarassed

miniman101

PostSubject: Re: Caitlin and Jessica's Italy Trip   20/6/2007, 5:39 pm

[quote="Pirate"]
miniman101 wrote:

Quote :
You can see them, but I really can't give anyone a whole set of them. They even want to get everyone that went along on the trip to get together and exchange all our photos. I just have a problem with that. I mean, I took these........why would I just give them away for other people to use?
So maybe some, but not all I think..........sorry Josh....
You're pathetic, you think i would "use" them for something other than just having?

Quote :

I want to go to Florance too. If its any better than Mexico, I would be happy to go.

Quote :
3. If I went again I would---bring more memory cards and buy a better camera.

Ha!! I knew it.

Quote :

Yeah, all the rest of us picked this one out.

Number of posts : 387
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Caitlin and Jessica's Italy Trip   20/6/2007, 7:40 pm

Josh, I'm not being mean. You can have some of them, I'm just expressing my uncomfortable feelings at giving my pics away. You should understand, you're a photographer!! Suspect

I know you wouldn't do anything with them.......but why would you want a set of someone elses's pics? scratch
Back to top Go down
View user profile
misswhatsit

PostSubject: Re: Caitlin and Jessica's Italy Trip   21/6/2007, 12:11 am

I'm getting a set of Josh's pics! Very Happy

Whenever he isn't too buisy...which may never happen. Sad

First of all, Jess, WHY are you dissing poor Italy? It was paradise! I would rather have stayed there than move on to Greece.

Okay, if I could pick three places to go back to they would be: FLORENCE!!! *gasp* SO gorgeous, it was all cobblestone walks and REALLY cool shops. Sure it was a little crowded, but not in a big city kinda way. It felt more local. That was my favorite by far. Party Then I'd go to Capri, because it feels like you walked into your own personal heaven, massive stone cliffs, white-washed houses, blue BLUE water, and lemon trees EVERYWHERE! If not for the nasty crowds that would have been my favorite. And there was one tiny town called Delphi. SO adorable, and the view is unreal. They should have filmed "Sound of music" there. Innocent

Oh, and I'm starting to like this look now for the site. SO DON'T CHANGE IT AGAIN!! Pray Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jondoe
Admin

Number of posts : 2224
Registration date : 2006-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Caitlin and Jessica's Italy Trip   21/6/2007, 2:06 am

The look of the site is staying this way for now...because I like it.

miniman101

PostSubject: Re: Caitlin and Jessica's Italy Trip   21/6/2007, 11:19 am

Pirate wrote:
Josh, I'm not being mean. You can have some of them, I'm just expressing my uncomfortable feelings at giving my pics away. You should understand, you're a photographer!! Suspect

I know you wouldn't do anything with them.......but why would you want a set of someone else's pics? scratch

I guess (as a "photographer") I don't understand, but I don't want to get into some argument. I see nothing wrong with giving copies to anyone.

PostSubject: Re: Caitlin and Jessica's Italy Trip   21/6/2007, 3:39 pm

*ahem* I understand.

I would not ask for copies of photos from, say, the Hway family canoe trip. It means nothing to me. I'll watch them or look at them or whatever, but why would I want them? I'd have to be:

A. a stalker
B. a............okay, stalker is the only thing I can think of.

Photographs are kind of personal for some people.

miniman101

PostSubject: Re: Caitlin and Jessica's Italy Trip   21/6/2007, 11:15 pm

Not to me, but whatever fits your fancy.

Anyone one of you can get any of my pictures, as long as you get me a cd-r to put it on.

I think that if God has given you a camera, and you know how to use it, take as many pictures as you can. Get as good as you can at it. So now you have a huge stockpile of all these wonderful pictures that you took with your God given talent, and there they are on some cd somewhere, never to see the light of day, any time soon.

Me on the other hand (and I know I am not the best, at all) look forward to taking pictures as good as I can, and showing them to other people. Not to be a show off of any kind, but just to let them be known.

For example, those lightning pictures I put on here. I put those on here for the sheer pleasure of letting you guys see some cool shots of some lighting.

Its kind of hard to talk about this on here, you can't see any of my emotions.

So...... I will just forget I even asked.

Admin

Number of posts : 2224
Registration date : 2006-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Caitlin and Jessica's Italy Trip   22/6/2007, 1:11 am

miniman101 wrote:
Not to me, but whatever fits your fancy.

Anyone one of you can get any of my pictures, as long as you get me a cd-r to put it on.

I think that if God has given you a camera, and you know how to use it, take as many pictures as you can. Get as good as you can at it. So now you have a huge stockpile of all these wonderful pictures that you took with your God given talent, and there they are on some cd somewhere, never to see the light of day, any time soon.

Me on the other hand (and I know I am not the best, at all) look forward to taking pictures as good as I can, and showing them to other people. Not to be a show off of any kind, but just to let them be known.

For example, those lightning pictures I put on here. I put those on here for the sheer pleasure of letting you guys see some cool shots of some lighting.

Its kind of hard to talk about this on here, you can't see any of my emotions.

So...... I will just forget I even asked.

That's what these are for> Laugh Very Happy Smile Sad Surprised Shocked Cool tongue Mad Unhappy Innocent Razz Embarassed Crying or Very sad Pray Huh? Eye Popping Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil Rolling Eyes Wink scratch Party Hot Cold Greedy afraid Puke Very Mad Sick Detective Driving Exclamation Question Idea Arrow Neutral silent Blue confused Dark Side Arguing Sniper Gunner Jumping Love Star Wars lol! Off Topic Blah Blah Blah Funny TV Weird TV Running Dog PC Punch Must Pee Snail Superman What a Face Like a Star @ heaven Suspect No @ clown pirat pale alien monkey pig rabbit bounce cheers drunken Sleep sunny albino santa rendeer farao king queen jocolor geek study flower Dracula Big army Group Hug Mad Bat Pirate 1 Pirate 2 Peek over wall Sword Horserider Fencing Boxer Sail Boat Hidden slingshot Party present Comb in fro Fire mad Painter Take picture Censored Smirking awww 1 awww 2 Happy birthday BS flag Flustered Smily with letter Head Smack Dancing with bows Cute love Curtsy Peek behind curtain Intense crying Sunglasses Death look to pc Comforting Chill pill Chef Chased by crowd Gentleman Friendly wave 1 Friendly wave 2 Cloud man Daisy kiss Red flower Flirty girl Flirty guy Yeah Burn up Faint Dancing elephant Dunce Thrown apple Lots of drool Drill sargent Lurking Lovey Kiss and blush

miniman101

PostSubject: Re: Caitlin and Jessica's Italy Trip   22/6/2007, 11:32 am

Its still not as good as actual emotions.

PostSubject: Re: Caitlin and Jessica's Italy Trip   25/6/2007, 10:06 pm

But it's so much fun. Innocent

And Josh, i shall get you a cd-whatever-it-is. If that's all it takes to get the pics. OR if it's quicker, I can pay you for one of yours. scratch
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Caitlin and Jessica's Italy Trip   

Back to top Go down

Caitlin and Jessica's Italy Trip
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1